Many of you may know that our babies Joseph and James were born on Sunday morning. For those that didn't now you know. :)
Joseph :
Born at 8:47 am Weighed 7 lb 5 oz
Via Normal Birth
James Thomas
Born at 9:26 am Weighed 7 lb 7 oz
Via C-Section
Yes, Kristine is sore but is recovering well. James is sleepy which is normal for a 37 week baby but is doing well otherwise.
Joseph on the other hand is in the NICU in Murray. He has Pneumomediastinum - basically tiny holes in his lungs that allowed air into the chest cavity that compress the lungs and prevent them from working. He is currently sedated and on a ventilator but is now improving. The air in his chest has largely cleared. The O2 being provided by the ventilator has been dropped from 100% down to ~40% (This is Good :)). Generally his is improving but it hasn't been long enough to establish a pattern. He remains sedated to prevent him from fighting the ventilator. He is on several drugs to manage blood pressure and keep blood going to the lungs. No estimate on how long he will be in the NICU.
Please pray and wish the best for us. Yes this is hard, but I believe all will be OK and we will be able to take both our babies home, even if it isn't for a few weeks.
I know there will be questions about how things progress, I will send updates as they happen, not more than once a day. If you get tired of me, just let me know and I stop sending updates to you. There are many people that care and I am sure I missed someone, please forward it to them. If you want added to the list just email me. If you have questions, the best thing is to email.
Jason and Kristine
-- - - - - - -
Pneumomediastinum is pneumatosis (abnormal presence of air or other gas) in the mediastinum. First described in 1819 by René Laennec, the condition can result from physical trauma or other situations that lead to air escaping from the lungs, airways, or bowel into the chest cavity.
No comments:
Post a Comment